The 4th of July Parade is upon us! The Norski Soccer Club will be participating in the parade for another year. Here is the plan for anyone that would like to walk the parade with us.
We will meet in the high school parking lot between 10:00 and 10:15am(parade starts at 10:30am), we do not have a float number, yet, so you will have to look for our float, there will be kids in soccer shirts, just join the masses. You are welcome to drop off your child and go watch the parade or throw on your purple and walk with us. The parade starts at the high school, goes down Holum to Main Street, then we turn back to the high school.
To retrieve your child there are 2 options
1) When our float gets to XperT's, you can meet us there and get your child back. This transition moves quickly because we cannot stop for long due to the rest of the parade behind us! If this is your connection location, PLEASE be sure your child knows where and how to find you!!
2) When we get back to the High School, we will pull into the parking lot, and you can meet up with your child there.
The grown ups with the float will be as helpful as possible, but we typically have over 50 kids so we cannot remember where each child gets picked up or remind everyone where they are meeting parents.
There are some rules of the parade to pass on to your child.
1) Only the people walking the banner walk in front of the float,
2) You may ride on the float, but no candy is tossed from the float, to pass out candy, you have to walk with the float. Any time a rest is needed, they can sit on the float.
Those are the general rules, here is what you need to bring:
1) a water bottle
2) A soccer ball, some of the kids will be dribbling along the path
3) Wear your jersey, any jersey. Purple jersey, white jersey, in house and micro, any Norski Soccer training shirt, tryout shirt, kicking it camp shirt.
4) We will be walking a long way, so tennis shoes should be worn (NOT CLEATS or FLIP-FLOPS!!).
Again, if any parents wish to walk along, or ride the float, you are welcome and encouraged to throw on your purple and walk with us!!
See you there.